Thursday, April 27, 2006

Three O'Clock in the Morning!

It is 3 a.m.--regardless what time this posting will be listed as! I am battling yet another sinus infection. On Saturday my nose was running constantly and I was coughing--with my usual subnormal temp. By Sunday afternoon I was coughing up ugly stuff and I had a fever and was aching all over. Thankfully the totally "crappy" feeling waited until after Holy Humor Sunday which again was awesome.
I have had two full days of antibiotics--stronger and of course, more expensive than the last round. That took care of my "fun money" this month! I did get to our Duluth Area UMW benefit luncheon and silent auction for Emma Norton Services on Wednesday. The program was really great and I "won" a dozen and a half of "Emma's Caramel Bars". Jeff really dug into them! They are very rich and delicious. There is a recipe that came with them so maybe someday I will make a batch.
I slept for a little while tonight but my respiratory system was acting up and then Jeff was snoring like there was no tomorrow. Between the comforter and the "human radiator" (Jeff) I was overheated and then Hephzibah hopped up on the bed and started walking on both of us. That was when I decided to get up and "vent" on the blog. I have now cooled down.
The bright spot of the week!
Ray wants me to come out to Seattle when the Twins are playing out there in June! The dates work fine for me. He is all excited and we have been looking at the Mariner's website to see what seats might be best. He has chosen the seats on the first base line up in back of the Mariner dugout so we can see the Twins dugout on the third base line. Oh Wow! I am concerned about my mobility but we will work it out somehow! I haven't seen an outdoor game for so darned long. The last was a Spring training game in 1983 at Lakeland, FL when the Twins were playing the Tigers. Otherwise it goes back to Met Stadium in the late 70s. When the Twins came to MN in the early 60s I was out there every chance I could get. By the way, the House of the MN legislature voted on Wed. to approve the building of a new stadium for the Twins. Now the measure goes to the Senate. Hope that will fly there. We just might have an outdoor stadium in MN by 2010. How about that?

Think I will try to sleep again!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lois,

I'm so sorry you aren't sleeping well or feeling well! I hope the antibiotics kick in soon! Don't feel you have to come to church tomorrow if you aren't up to it. Have sweet dreams of your trip out west to see your boys play!
Diane
P.s. What a good son you have.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Hey, I mentioned to Bob that I didn't see you in church and did I miss seeing you, he said he didn't see you either...so I just now looked on your blog and see that you are not feeling well...I'm sorry. I know how it is to get up at 3 am not able to sleep and to get on the computer!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
We missed you this morning! Linda and Bob

12:42 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

PS...Kyle gave a wonderful message. Sorry you missed it. And I heard from Marj M. that the Emma Norton presentation was fabulous! I wish I could have been there, work is so hectic, I really wanted to take off, but wasn't able to...

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home