Spring Break
When you are retired you don't get a Spring Break. You can, however, take a break from some of your regular activities. Last Friday I wrote about "Daffodils" and since then I have watched --I can't remember how many MN State High School hockey games, WCHA hockey games and a few Twins pre-season games and World Baseball Classic games. WOW! I am very grateful to the person who invented remote controls!
On Sunday, I did get to Sunday School and Church. My week would be incomplete without that time. Sunday evening I watched the Kirby Puckett memorial service from the Metrodome--it was quite a gathering of baseball and sportscasting notables. Some awesome music. They say there were 15,000 folks in attendance despite foul weather in the Twin Cities.
Monday, we had just enough snow to make me want to stay in the house--about 3 inches.
Minneapolis had 11 inches and Barron County, Wisconsin reported 23 inches. There was a game from Florida to watch and a couple games from Puerto Rico. Monday afternoon, Zane and Theo Coyle, Pastor Michelle's boys age 6 and 2 1/2 were on our PBS station. Zane spoke very well and told how he had encouraged his mom to call in the Children's membership for them. He said "hello" to some of his friends, told what his favorite programs are, and that he likes having a brother. Theo sat very nicely and smiled for a minute or so before bailing out!
Tuesday was another really lazy day. Didn't accomplish anything except making my shopping list for groceries at Sam's Club and Super One. Did some emailing but couldn't think of a thing to write about!
Today I did the grocery shopping at Sam's and Super One. Now the larder is full up. The only meat I bought was the corned beef for Friday, St. Patrick's Day. That means I will have another trip which is fine since I have to go renew my driver's license in the area of the Super One. I think that will be my project after Circle on Thursday.
Tonight was soup supper. Betsy West made the most delicious Tomato Basil soup --every one else must have thought so since they ran out of it! At the lenten service Deb Hoff and Ellen Shelhon spoke of their healings following breast cancer. Individuals "heal" in different ways but God has a hand in all of it.
I will try to get "back in the groove" after my break.
On Sunday, I did get to Sunday School and Church. My week would be incomplete without that time. Sunday evening I watched the Kirby Puckett memorial service from the Metrodome--it was quite a gathering of baseball and sportscasting notables. Some awesome music. They say there were 15,000 folks in attendance despite foul weather in the Twin Cities.
Monday, we had just enough snow to make me want to stay in the house--about 3 inches.
Minneapolis had 11 inches and Barron County, Wisconsin reported 23 inches. There was a game from Florida to watch and a couple games from Puerto Rico. Monday afternoon, Zane and Theo Coyle, Pastor Michelle's boys age 6 and 2 1/2 were on our PBS station. Zane spoke very well and told how he had encouraged his mom to call in the Children's membership for them. He said "hello" to some of his friends, told what his favorite programs are, and that he likes having a brother. Theo sat very nicely and smiled for a minute or so before bailing out!
Tuesday was another really lazy day. Didn't accomplish anything except making my shopping list for groceries at Sam's Club and Super One. Did some emailing but couldn't think of a thing to write about!
Today I did the grocery shopping at Sam's and Super One. Now the larder is full up. The only meat I bought was the corned beef for Friday, St. Patrick's Day. That means I will have another trip which is fine since I have to go renew my driver's license in the area of the Super One. I think that will be my project after Circle on Thursday.
Tonight was soup supper. Betsy West made the most delicious Tomato Basil soup --every one else must have thought so since they ran out of it! At the lenten service Deb Hoff and Ellen Shelhon spoke of their healings following breast cancer. Individuals "heal" in different ways but God has a hand in all of it.
I will try to get "back in the groove" after my break.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home