Friday, March 03, 2006

The Eyes Have It

Today was my yearly eye exam. Everything was just fine. The cataract that I have will not need any attention for at least 5-10 years according to Dr. Relf. There are no signs of macular degeneration or glaucoma. Very minimal indication that I am diabetic and what she saw was the same last year and I think the year before.

Dr. Relf is a spritely lady about 20 years my junior. She did some wonderful work for Bob Williams, our Administrative Council chair at Hope UMC. His vision is so improved after two surgeries that it is almost like a miracle! When I mentioned how wonderful it was to see Bob being able to do things that he could not do before, she said that is one of the biggest satisfactions of her work. I do think that God has his hand in the development of these technologies that are being used. And he guides those using it!

My 2007 appointment is made. Have to use these eyes for at least another 20 years! Better take care of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home