The Great Backyard Bird Count
Believe it or not, there were birds flying around despite the temp being 14 below this morning and not going above 10 below at our house. The official wind chill was 40 below. I think that most of the birds were hunkered down like I was. Jeff, however, did go out to participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count. This occurs every year for 4 days in February. See www.birdsource.org/gbbc for the details. Jeff does the "gawking" and I do the reporting. It was a very poor day for observing.
Hephzibah, the cat, thought she wanted to go outside because the sun was so bright. I let her go out on the front porch. She looked around for a moment and came right back into the house. We went back and got under the down comforter and Hephzibah snuggled up by my legs to keep me warm! It was cozy. We watched the USA vs. Sweden women's hockey game. We lost due to the fact that a UMD grad playing for Sweden got two goals to tie the game. Then it went to overtime and a "shoot out"--each team gets 5 chances to score one on one with the goalie. Sweden scored twice and we didn't score. Ouch!
The car started so I got my errands done.
Hope you are keeping warm. Time to get back to the comforter! Tomorrow the baked beans are going to be made!
Lois
Hephzibah, the cat, thought she wanted to go outside because the sun was so bright. I let her go out on the front porch. She looked around for a moment and came right back into the house. We went back and got under the down comforter and Hephzibah snuggled up by my legs to keep me warm! It was cozy. We watched the USA vs. Sweden women's hockey game. We lost due to the fact that a UMD grad playing for Sweden got two goals to tie the game. Then it went to overtime and a "shoot out"--each team gets 5 chances to score one on one with the goalie. Sweden scored twice and we didn't score. Ouch!
The car started so I got my errands done.
Hope you are keeping warm. Time to get back to the comforter! Tomorrow the baked beans are going to be made!
Lois

2 Comments:
I've been enjoying your blogs.Bill and I have also been watching the Olympics. Duluth UMD sure has been mentioned a lot. Now Sweden's men team won today.I have to comment on the warmth of Hephsibah,as we have Chopper the dog that snuggles and keeps us warm.Brrr - it's been COLD!
No dogs or kittys to keep me warm,
only a husband!
Post a Comment
<< Home