Where is Lois?
I'm right here in Duluth, MN!
- I recovered (I think!) from the sinus mess.
- I saw my orthopedic surgeon and we decided to hold off on fixing my left knee.
- Now I am not so sure that is a good idea. The knee is being very annoying --makes it hard for me to walk very much. We'll see! Maybe fall is too long to wait.
- I will be leaving on Tuesday, May 30 for Minnesota Annual Conference (UMC) in St. Cloud, MN. Will be there 3 days. I have done it for so many years--I think that we need to get some "new blood" interested in going. Someone else from Hope UMC should be learning the functions of the Minnesota Conference. It is an awesome experience! Would be nice if two of us could go -- one as what they call an "equalization member". There is to be equal representation of lay people and clergy and some clergy do not have congregations --retired, those who are teaching, etc.-- so there are lay members appointed to balance the numbers.
- I return from Conference on Friday, June 2. On Monday, June 5 I leave for Seattle to visit Ray. We will be going to see 3 Twins games at Safeco Field --outdoors, I hope! They have a retractable roof if it rains.
- Ray and his cats, Snooze and BL, are now living in Renton, south of Seattle.
- I hope to see sister-in-law Nancy while out there. I return on a red-eye flight that will get me into Mpls early in the morning on June 14. I should be back into Duluth at a little after 10 a.m.
- The Twins will have a new outdoor stadium for Opening Day 2010!!! There is an incentive to get to 71!
- Our lilacs are blooming! That is Jeff's indicator for planting his tomato plants in the garden. They were put in today and he has a few extra in case there are some casualties. They really look great!
- Forty-nine years ago tonight I graduated from Rice Lake (Wisconsin) High School. The Class of 1907 was having a 50th reunion and boy did we think they were OLD! Now we are almost there!
- Tomorrow afternoon I am getting a perm and a hair cut! Boy do I need it!!!
- Friday afternoon I am going to relieve our church secretary so she can take some vacation time.
- Now that the days are longer our feline queen, Hephzibah, thinks she can stay out late! She would not come in with Jeff last night and was out bumming around until 3 a.m.! She did a lot of sleeping today. Ha!

1 Comments:
Good to hear from you again Lois!
Have a great time at conference and a safe and happy trip to Seattle ..I'll bet your son will be as happy to see you as you are to see him! Enjoy those ball games! We'll miss you, but glad you can go!
Post a Comment
<< Home