Saturday, September 02, 2006

"For the Summer"

I said that I came to Duluth "for the summer" in 1964. On occasion I have told folks that I was still waiting for summer to arrive. In reality I stayed because I found a good group of folks to work with and then I met the "love of my life", Jeff. This morning's Duluth News-Tribune assured me that summer had definitely arrived this year.

"Warmest Duluth summer goes into record books"

"It's official. Duluth experienced its warmest meterological summer since records have been kept.

June, July and August had an average temperature of 66.9 degrees at Duluth International Airport. That's 0.4 degrees warmer than the previous warmest summer, 66.5, set in 1930. The normal average summer temperature at Duluth is 63 degrees Fahrenheit.

The National Weather Service office in Duluth recorded 8.16 inches of rain over the three months. That's 4.51 inches below the normal but not among the top 10 driest summers."

I hope now that we have had a real summer, it doesn't mean my stay here should be over! I have really come to love this place!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see you blogging again Lois. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

And now the season is turning. Has this summer really been that different?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lois said...

The garden was so great this year. Everything tasted extra special. Even with the heat, Jeff didn't get as cranky as he has some summers and he says that even though Summer did show up this year, he doesn't want me going anywhere else! For forty years I have said "I came for the summer and I'm still waiting for it to come!"
Guess I will be here for a while yet!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home