Labor Day 2007
Ray and Jeff spent most of the day enumerating the number of avian species that passed through our yard. I believe the total came to 24. I saw a Black and White warbler-- one I had never seen before. At first I thought it was a nuthatch because it was sticking its head into a woodpecker hole on our old dead maple tree.
Ray worked on an old sign that we have had well over 30 years. Jeff and his dad found it at one of the township land fills. It says "State Game Refuge" For years we had it attached to our tamarack tree until it fell off and it has been rusting away. Anyway, it will be ready for reattachment to the tree by the time Ray leaves tomorrow. Since we have big deer tracks in our yard maybe we would qualify for the sign! They nibbled Melanie's peas and the leaves of Jeff's pole beans.
I had a phone call from our current mayor this afternoon -- not a recorded one, but live. Anyway, he wanted to to know if I had any questions that needed to be answered to help me decide on whom to vote for in the primary. I told him I didn't have any---I don't know if any of the candidates have the needed answers! I did congratulate him on the arrival of his first grandchild -- a little girl-- born last week. Didn't have the heart to say I wouldn't be voting for him!
Tonight I checked Secretary Diane's web site. She was in St. Paul and had a chance to visit Pastor Michelle and her boys. She had some nice pictures of Michelle's new church and the parsonage. Also pictures of St. Thomas where her daughter, Sara, is starting her freshman year and other photos of interest.
Ray is watching a show on the Discovery Channel called Dirty Jobs. One excerpt was about the man who cleans up the droppings from the horses on Makinac Island. There are a lot of dirty jobs!
I had one once!
Ray worked on an old sign that we have had well over 30 years. Jeff and his dad found it at one of the township land fills. It says "State Game Refuge" For years we had it attached to our tamarack tree until it fell off and it has been rusting away. Anyway, it will be ready for reattachment to the tree by the time Ray leaves tomorrow. Since we have big deer tracks in our yard maybe we would qualify for the sign! They nibbled Melanie's peas and the leaves of Jeff's pole beans.
I had a phone call from our current mayor this afternoon -- not a recorded one, but live. Anyway, he wanted to to know if I had any questions that needed to be answered to help me decide on whom to vote for in the primary. I told him I didn't have any---I don't know if any of the candidates have the needed answers! I did congratulate him on the arrival of his first grandchild -- a little girl-- born last week. Didn't have the heart to say I wouldn't be voting for him!
Tonight I checked Secretary Diane's web site. She was in St. Paul and had a chance to visit Pastor Michelle and her boys. She had some nice pictures of Michelle's new church and the parsonage. Also pictures of St. Thomas where her daughter, Sara, is starting her freshman year and other photos of interest.
Ray is watching a show on the Discovery Channel called Dirty Jobs. One excerpt was about the man who cleans up the droppings from the horses on Makinac Island. There are a lot of dirty jobs!
I had one once!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home