Saturday, September 01, 2007

September is Here!

I don't know where the summer went! We had very warm days but I am sure not the level that we had last summer which set a record. We are now in the more temperate days ( I hope!) There is only 1 month left in the regular baseball season. Rather than do things I should do, I watch wall-to-wall baseball some days! The Twins had the groundbreaking this week for the new stadium to open in 2010 where baseball will be played OUTDOORS! I don't know about the early games in April. I remember being pretty cold going to games on cold drizzly nights at Met Stadium. And I was over 40 years younger then!

Ray flew in from Seattle Thursday night and we have been having a good visit. He has been busy birdwatching from the backyard with Jeff. There are many warblers coming through the yard. Many red-eyed vireos! In between that he and I went up to Best Buy and he picked up a 19 inch LCD monitor for me. My old CRT was 14 inches and about 10 years old. When we bought it Ray said I should get the 14" inch since the others were "too small". We decided that the 19" was plenty big for now. It has much better resolution and is so much brighter! When I look at photos on it they are very clear. WOW!

Now I need to clean up the total chaos in this front room! I am hoping that Ray will be able to give me a hand with some of it. Ugh! He will be here until Tuesday afternoon. I have a ton of books to organize. Some should be taken up to church to share with anyone who would like to read them. Too many books, so little time! If I get things straightened out I might feel more inclined to get some reading done without feeling guilty! As it is, I get some reading done but then I look at the piles and moan. If I could just wiggle my nose like Elizabeth Montgomery did on Bewitched! Then I would really be in business!

I showed Ray a picture of Kelly, Michelle and the boys with Al Franken at the MN State Fair. Ray saw the Team Franken shirts on the booth and said he thought he should have one though he lives in Washington State. I looked at the website but they didn't show the one he wants. We will have to look some more.

Time to do something else!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home